Search This Blog

WELCOME!

I have been blogging on and off since 2011. I love to explore all different types of styles, so there will something for everyone.

I include the designer's name so if the landmark is outdated, you can look up the store easier. I also try to use windlight settings that show the true appearance of items, but keep in mind that something may look different on you than it did in my photo. Larger pictures are on Flicker.

Many free items and deals are available for a limited time so don't wait!


Monday, March 3, 2014

New-to-me Meme

 


This week Strawberry Singh's meme is called New-to-me Meme
Meme instructions: Blog something you’ve never blogged before and/or something you normally wouldn’t blog. 

The idea of this meme came from Trixie Bumbo, who mentioned "So many (bloggers) seem to blog the same skin, the same hair, the same creation from the same fashion event…..well, there’s a LOT of undiscovered talent out on the grid and it would point a lot of people in some new directions.”

I think the reason why bloggers seem to blog the same stuff is because they all have the same sponsors.  There is nothing wrong with getting review items.  But that is what happens when designers give their bloggers the same stuff. 

I enjoy exploring all different types of styles.  I have done one other sci-fi post, but this outfit is not similar at all to that one.  All of these items are from designers I have never blogged before.  (I cheated some and found most of it on the Marketplace lol). 

A great hunt that occurs twice a year is the Unknown Hunt.  It features stores that have recently opened.  The next one is in June, and the hunt gifts are free!  Check it out! :)

Today is a snow day for me so I had a little time to do a post.  Yuck, tired of all the snow (I live in USA, East Coast).

Credits:

Complete outfit and accessories - BlackMoon lucky board prize at Venezia Aria Carnival
Event ends March 4th
Available for sale at the main store

Hair - <<Griddie>> "Yucca" free fatpack on Marketplace

Skin - Curious Kitties free gift on Marketplace
Includes several skin tones

Shape - Voron's creations "Torry" free gift on Marketplace

Pose - E.inK free gift on Marketplace
Set of 6 poses

Pictures taken at Onderon

1 comment:

  1. I think even if we didn't have creators sending us items, we would still gravitate towards things that suit are personal style and taste, that's what I did the first few years of my blogging. But yeah, it's great to break out and try something different from time to time. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete